version n. 02 – 25/05/2018
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website, which recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies do many different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user’s experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
We use two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, which are served directly by us to your computer.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party on our behalf. We use third party cookies to help us analyse our websites and their use.
Cookies may be distinguished into these major groups: “technical”, “analytics”, “functional” and “profiling” cookies.
- Technical cookies are those used exclusively with a view of carrying out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communications network. This is strictly necessary to provide the user with a service requested. They are not used for further purposes and are usually installed directly by the data controller or the website manager. They can be grouped into browsing or session cookies, which allow users to navigate and use a website
- Analytics cookies can be equated to technical cookies insofar as they are used directly by the website manager to collect aggregate information on the number of visitors and the pattern of visits to the website
- Functional cookies allow users to navigate as a function of certain pre-determined criteria such as language or services required by the users to improve the quality of service
- Profiling cookies are aimed at creating user’s profiles. They are used to send ads messages in line with the preferences shown by the user during navigation. Users’ prior consent is necessary to install these cookies.
- understand the total number of visitors to our sites on an ongoing basis and the types of internet browsers (e.g. Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer / Microsoft Edge) and operating systems (e.g. Windows or MacOS) used by our visitors;
- monitor our sites’ performance, including how visitors navigate our websites, and to improve our websites;
- customise and improve user’s on-line experience.
This website does not use profiling cookies.
What categories of cookies we use and how to control them
The cookies used can be classified into one of the categories listed in the table below, which shows you how to express you consent, if needed, or rectify it (if already expressed) to accept or to refuse the various types of cookies.
This means that the types of cookies used on our website can be classified into one of three categories, namely “essential website cookies”, “functionality cookies”, “analytics cookies”. The following table gives you further information about each category, and the purposes of the cookies we set:
|Type of cookie
||What cookie does
||Source and how to block cookie
|Essential website cookies||These cookies are essential to enable you to move around our website and use its features. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes or remembering where you have been on the Internet. These cookies are often session-specific, expiring after your visit to the website (session) has ended. They are casual numbers generated by the server and are necessary to allow a safe and effective navigation in the website. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.||(first part cookies)|
|Functionality cookies||These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as language chosen or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.||(first part cookies)|
|Third party functionality cookies||This website uses Widget Google Maps service which allows the user to view the maps and it is provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). This service allows our website to add such content to what directly provided.
Google offers also Google Fonts service to manage fonts used by the visitors and it is added to the services provided directly by our website.
|Third party cookie analytics and advertising cookies||These cookies, including cache cookies, are set by third parties, and are used to collect information about how visitors use our website, including the number of visitors, the websites that referred them to our website and the pages that they visited on our website. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve our websites, for example, by letting us know if users find any errors and by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily. Typically, these cookies stay on your computer until you delete them.
With the user’s prior consent, third parties may use information – even by comparing and interconnecting it with other they already own – for advertising and profiling purposes. To accept or to reject these cookies used by third parties for non-technical purposes, read the notice in the right column before you select your option. In the following, we provide further information so that you can better understand how these cookies are used.
Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. Google utilises data collected to track and examine the use of this website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services (performance cookies). These types of cookies gather information about how the visitors have got on to our website and pages browsed. So, SMZ uses information with the purpose of statistics and reports, to improve and make the navigation easier and to monitor if the website works efficiently. On the other hand, Google may use information gathered, interconnecting it with other data owned, for purposes which differ from technical ones, such as for marketing and profiling purposes as well as to communicate data to supervisory authorities, if requested. To find out more, follow the link in the right column and choose your preferences about Google cookies or modify your choices as described below directly from your browser.
How we use IP’s user
Our servers automatically gather IP address of the user. This information is recorded with the only purpose of storing the user’s choice to accept or not to accept cookies when accessing the website.
How to control and delete cookies
We remind you that this website uses only technical cookies and if you remove or delete one or more cookies some functionalities of the website may not work properly. You can block cookies by using the options provided by your browser (see, for example, “Help”, “Tools” or “Modify”). You can directly disable one or more categories of cookies, but this does not mean that cookies are deleted in your browser. So, you must rectify your choice directly on the browser.
If you want to delete, disable or rectify your choice about cookies installed on the device you use, have access to the settings of your browser or use the pages provided by third parties to do so.
In the following, links to third parties’ pages where you can find information about cookies settings and how to make your choice:
- Google – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=EN
- Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Microsoft Edge – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
- Opera – https://help.opera.com/en/latest/security-and-privacy/#tracking
- Safari – https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
If you use a mobile device, see the user’s guide. You can check the most usual user’s guides at the links listed below.
- Apple [guide: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265];
- Android [guide: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&oco=1].
For further information about cookies, how to check the ones installed, how to manage or remove them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org or http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices/.
Cookies previously installed
If the user has disabled one or more cookies, we will be able to use information gathered before this action carried out through preferences. Anyway, since now on, we will not use disabled cookies to gather further information.
How to withdraw consent previously expressed about cookies
If you want to withdraw your consent about cookies, please press the following button